Full-Time Applications Programmer
Our progressive banking client invites suitably qualified applicants to fill the vacancy of Applications Programmer.
Qualifications required are as follows:
- Degree in Information Systems and Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 2 to 4 years experience in ICT, with emphasis on systems development and systems implementation.
Key Results Areas are indicated below:
- Developing New Applications and Programming around T24, payment channels.
- Analyzing and assessing existing business systems and procedures and making recommendations on improvements a necessary.
- Participating in the definition, development, and documentation of software requirements
- Participating in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Researching and recommending on user requirements
- Conducting research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Developing interface to existing applications
- Liaising with vendors on implementation of software products or systems and on resolution and adaptation issues.
- Conducting software improvements and upgrades on the system
- Design, run and monitoring software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Writing programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of business applications as necessary.
- Administering critical analysis of test results and delivers solutions to problem areas.
- Generating statistics and writes reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Liaising with network administrators, systems analysts, and other programmers in resolving problems with software products or business software systems.
- Developing and maintains user manuals and guidelines.
- Training end users on new or modified programs.
- Installing software products for end users as required.
- Developing application controls in compliance with ICT policies and procedures.
- Developing application controls in compliance with audit and risk requirements.
An ambitious and systematic individual will flourish in this position.
625 total views, 2 today