Full-Time Area Manager – Matebeleland
Our established client in the banking sector invites suitably qualified and experienced professionals to apply for the position of Area Manager- Matebeleland region.
Ideal incumbent should possess the following pre-requisites:
- A first degree in banking and finance or equivalent with. A post-graduate qualification such as MBA/L or MSc. in Strategic Management is advantageous.
- At least 5-7 years experience in banking operations is essential.
- A good role model is required to ensure banking systems are in place for greater efficiency and ultimately creating an environment for driving profitability.
Key Result Areas are outlined below:
- Branch Profitability Management
- Formulation and execution of sales and marketing strategies.
- Measurement and monitoring of all revenue streams.
- Optimal branch expense management.
- Monitoring of branch productivity month on month to improve on efficiency.
- Monitoring of the sales dashboard components daily.
- Timely response to operating environment changes.
- Client Servicing
- Branch capacity and resource needs identification.
- Creating a customer feedback collection culture.
- Following up on customer feedback through the Customer Complaints Tracker (CCT)
- Supervise, coach, and develop staff regarding service expectations
- Managing difficult situations with customers and providing them with a resolution, information or additional options. Ensure that quick and proper response to all reasonable customer requests.
Risk and Controls Management
- Branch risk observation, tracking and analysis.
- Business continuity through managing the Living disaster recovery planning system.
- Engaging partners in compliance, audit and risk departments to ensure all levels of risk work for a healthy control environment
- Monitoring of compliance by branch staff to all set internal processes.
- Manages and delivers on operational services against agreed service quality standards, budgeted costs and controls;
- Manages operational risk within the Group’s risk parameters.
- Manages and implements the Money Laundering Prevention (MLP) standards and embeds enhanced KYC culture and revised procedures in the country.
- Manages process re-engineering.
- Manages the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Master Plan and defines actions to be taken to support critical business functions inclusive of Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP).
- Manages technology service by ensuring that adequate capacity planning is undertaken to provide maximum system availability and technology risk for relevant systems is well managed.
People Management and Development
- Collaborate in the attraction, hiring, training and retention of staff.
- Performance management
- Recognize and reward good performance and behavior, and taking corrective action where there is need.
- Motivation, training, coaching, mentoring and development of staff to close skills gaps.
- Effective team building
Change Management Initiatives
- Act as the change agent by leading, participating and championing implementation of change initiatives.
- Encourage self and staff to generate and communicate ideas to improve and enhance internal processes.
- Corporate responsibility support
Seasoned bankers are encouraged to apply for a wholesome career opportunity.
521 total views, 2 today