Full-Time Finance Manager
Our esteemed client in the financial services sector seeks to employ a competent Chartered Accountant for the role of Finance Manager. This role is individually accountable for the financial accounting/control function in the organisation reporting to the Group Finance Director. The role carries overall responsibility for the preparation and quality of financial accounts and maintenance of financial records.
Qualifications and experience required are as follows:
- Chartered Accountant and member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Zimbabwe or South Africa.
- At least 10 years relevant experience.
- Financial services, banking or insurance experience a distinct advantage.
Role Description and Key Result Areas:
- Responsible for the financial accounting/control function across multiple business units.
- Contributes to and implements financial strategy.
- Carries overall responsibility for the preparation and quality of financial accounts, including the Group Annual report and other financial related shareholder communications.
- Has the ability to perform complex group accounting consolidations.
- Interprets and implements International Financial Reporting Standards in line with Group Accounting Policies.
- Drives continuous improvement of financial controls and operational excellence through area of supervision, including the roll out of new technologies and systems.
- Analyses financial records such as income trends.
- Prepares budgets and analyses and monitors the effect of operating, business environment, budget or policy changes on the business unit’s performance.
- Assists in deciding on the financial and business viability of new and existing projects and programmes.
- Liaises with internal and external auditors and implements agreed audit findings.
- Oversees the accounts payable function.
- Ensures tax, legislative and statutory requirements are met by the business.
- Manages the team of staff for the department as well as all day-to-day staff administration.
- Holds first line managers accountable for managerial work, including selection, performance management and talent management.
- Develops Manager of Others / Self and specialists under their supervision.
- Demonstrate high levels of technical proficiency related to this role.
- Be able to link the business strategy with operational imperatives.
- Be effective at aligning performance for success.
- Have excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Have excellent decision making skills and be able to escalate matters to executive management when required.
- Take responsibility and accountability for completion of tasks.
- Have ability to perceive, interpret and translate information.
- Have very good interpersonal and communication skills.
588 total views, 2 today