Full-Time Financial Accountant
Our client in the banking sector invites suitably qualified and experienced personnel to apply for the position of financial accountant, which has arisen in its structure.
The position, which reports to the Manager-Finance Division, exists to timeously prepare financial statements as well as maintain adequate cash resources for the bank’s retail operations.
Specifications required are as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CA/Articles of Clerkship or ACCA
- 3 years relevant experience in financial accounting, regulatory compliance and external audit management
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Sound applied technical knowledge of IFRS and International Accounting Standards
- Effective Leadership, Supervisory, Communication, Interpersonal and Problem solving skills
- Good analytical and risk management skills
Key Results Areas are indicated below:
- Financial accounting – preparation of half-year and annual financial statements for publication for the Bank and its subsidiaries
- Audit preparation and supervision (half-year review and annual external audit)
- Financial and Budgetary Control of revenue and expenditure
- Preparation of the Monthly Audit file with monthly reconciliations
- Fixed assets and stock accounting
- Implementation and Maintenance of Efficient and Effective Policies and Operating Systems
- Preparation and submission of RBZ and other regulatory returns
- Consolidation of the group accounts.
A focused and analytical person will thrive in this role.
764 total views, 2 today