Full-Time Financial Planning & Reporting Manager
Our client requires a seasoned accounting professional to fill the vacancy that has arisen in its structures. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer. The purpose of the job is the day to day running of the financial information for the Company, to provide planning, forecasting and financial reporting based on the financial accounting processes.
The minimum requirements for prospective incumbents are as follows:
- Bachelor of Accounting degree,
- Chartered Accountant or ACCA, CIMA
- MBA is an added advantage
- 5 years financial/managerial accounting experiences at a senior level
- Wide knowledge and extensive proven experience in Financial Planning and systems evaluation
- Proven clean record of service and leadership ability
- Competence in computerized financial reporting systems is highly desirable
- Financial Analysis and investment skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial figures.
- Knowledge of Management Accounting.
- Ability to prepare and present concise reports;
- Good financial reporting and analysis skills
- Must have working knowledge of various computer programmes such as MS Excel, Ms Power point, and MS Word and Accounting packages.
- Ability to establish, implement and review control systems.
Key Results Areas:
- Responsibility for preparation of annual budgets and the three-year rolling financial plan. Responsible for the timely, accurate and complete reporting of budgets and forecasts
- Consolidation of divisional financial plans as well as financial performance vs. expectations; including drivers of variances, business insights, corrective actions and recommendations for executive decision making
- Provide in-depth qualitative analysis of financial results of income statement and balance sheet
- Support monthly financial updates along with associated financial analysis and commentary.
- Develop presentations and reporting to senior management on financial performance, portfolio analysis, variances from targets, updates on ongoing activities, and recommend action plans for improvement
- As needed, provide timely and accurate financial projection updates, identifying risks and opportunities along with recommendations.
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation and submission of all regulatory returns to the RBZ, DPB and other regulatory bodies.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and submission of all funder reports.
- Deliver ad-hoc analyses and develop financial models to help us better understand performance, trends and impacts of decisions.
- Set up and maintain all system templates for Budget, quarter and monthly forecasts (P&L’s, expense schedules, balance sheet, capex and segment reporting)
- Undertake special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Review and implement improvements in the monthly reporting system.
A hardworking results oriented accountant will excel in this role.
525 total views, 1 today