Full-Time Internal Auditor
Suitable candidates are encouraged to apply for the position of internal auditor, with our client in the banking sector. The role is responsible for management of risk and compliance issues.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Good O level passes, with both Maths and English, with a B grade or better and at least 2 good A level passes.
- Degree in Banking, Finance, Accounting, with IOBZ diploma being advantageous.
- Studying towards relevant professional qualification e.g. CIA, ACCA etc.
- At least 2 years exposure in financial services, with a strong appreciation of banking controls.
- Courses in back office, teller functions and supervisory techniques will be an advantage.
- Must be analytical, self-driven , with ability to work with minimum supervision.
- A team player, who can interact with all levels of management and staff.
- Clean class 4 drivers’ licence and must be prepared to travel countrywide.
Key Results Areas:
- Perform audit inspections covering all branches, operational and support functions of the Group.
- Present audit findings to Audit Committee and agree on matters arising.
- Come up with recommendations to improve work processes and procedures.
- Compile audit report for areas reviewed.
- Update audit programmes and develop an annual audit plan.
- Implement the annual audit plan and provide audit coverage that consistently meets the needs and expectations of management.
- Assist in implementation of external audit plans to reduce audit fees and time.
- Assist in conducting fraud and other special investigations.
- Conduct cash and scrip counts,
- Assess companywide risks, rank and advise management on areas where improvement is required.
Package is negotiable, depending on expertise and task-readiness.
385 total views, 3 today