Full-Time Internal Auditor
Our client in the financial services sector wishes to recruit an Internal Auditor to compliment their team. The Internal Auditor is responsible for planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance related audits/reviews. A secondary role is to provide advice on internal control to management, including responding to questions on risk management techniques. The position reports functionally to the Audit Committee Chairman and administratively to the MD.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and skills set:
- Excellent knowledge of banking/financial business operations and risk-based auditing attained through 3 to 5 years of progressive work experience with a focus on financial risk and regulatory requirements.
- Achievement of a bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance/ Accounting/ Business Studies.
- An MBA is an added advantage.
- Acts as a Team Player – Collaborate and supporting colleagues and peers across the organization, while still being able to work independently when needed.
- Results Oriented – Meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals up to and including the CEO.
- Focuses on the Customer by understanding the business from the customer’s perspective and by keeping in regular contact with customers to understand business priorities and issues.
- Committed to Self Development
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards
- Ability to manage projects and, when required, supervise auditors to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately.
- Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals up to and including the CEO.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the big picture
Key Results Areas:
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Coordinates work with Risk & Compliance and other control-related activities.
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to internal policies.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within the group.
- Researches new or technical subjects when required to support audits (e.g. Basel III, market risk, financial instruments, etc.)
A brilliant career opportunity is on offer to successful candidate.
299 total views, 1 today