Full-Time IT Infrastructure Manager
Our esteemed client in the banking fraternity wishes to fill a position that has emerged in its ranks. The position will report to the Head of Information Technology.
The following pre-requisites are required from prospective candidates:
- Degree in Computer Science
- IT certification in Infrastructure related disciplines would be advantageous;
- A MSCE (Microsoft Certified Engineer) would be advantageous.
- At least 6 years working experience in an IT Infrastructure environment
- Experience in administering and solving problems on AIX, Linux (Redhat and SLES);
- Experience in administering and solving problems on Microsoft servers and desktops;
- Working technical knowledge of networks, routers, switches and other relevant interfacing
ICT systems and discipline(s);
- MIS knowledge with basic project management and reporting skills;
- Knowledge of process control, enhancement and continuous improvement processes;
- Knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus technologies
- Sound communication, leadership and people management skills;
- Experience in Payment Systems, Switches, POS, (Postillion, Swift, Prime &Visa);
- Experience or an overview in Systems Programming and Relational Database Management would be advantageous;
Key Results Areas
- Take overall charge of entire ICT Infrastructure, (networking, servers, messaging, communication, printers, scanners etc);
- Oversee operational changes to the ICT infrastructure and applications to ensure proper compliance with release authorization;
- Oversee infrastructure administration to ensure proper server/service monitoring and administration according to business needs and ICT best practice standards;
- Monitor and report on the capacity thresholds of the ICT infrastructure to ensure availability and accessibility of ICT infrastructure in accordance with SLAs;
- Monitor and report on the service and systems availability to ensure availability and accessibility of ICT infrastructure in accordance with SLAs;
- Maintain the proper configuration of the data center to ensure availability and accessibility of ICT infrastructure in accordance with SLAs;
- Provide specialized technical analysis and support to ensure effective internal and external services;
- Co-ordinate ICT Infrastructure projects to ensure the required quality of output within time, costs and given constraints;
- Provide guidance and technical leadership related to operation and configuration of ICT infrastructure in order to develop junior staff;
- Participate as part of ICT Management team in the review and development of ICT standards and procedures and best practices required to ensure the availability, accessibility and utilization of infrastructure in line.
Bright career prospects are on offer for the right candidate.
502 total views, 1 today