Full-Time Legal Counsel
A position has arisen to a Legal Counsel with our client in financial services. The position reports to the Managing Director and will be responsible for the provision of legal and company secretarial services within the Group.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Good O level passes with both Mathematics and English with B grade or better and a minimum of 2 A level passes.
- A Law degree from a recognised university, with fill CIS diploma, being an added advantage.
- 5 years post qualification experience from reputable law firm or financial services sector.
- A commercially- astute, legal mind, able to manage legal processes and procedures.
- Must have high level of integrity and confidentiality, with good communication skills.
- Should be able to function in pressurised environment.
- Proficiency in MS office is essential.
Key Results Areas:
- Provide legal advisory services, including but not limited to loan recoveries.
- Direct litigation matters.
- Review company documents for the purpose of checking their validity, legality, compliance with local and international laws.
- Ensure that all banking operations and transactions are in accordance with general rules and company policies in order to protect the company’s property and reputation.
- Review 3rd party contracts.
- Provide support in compliance-related matters and risk management.
- Give advice on a broad range of legal and regulatory issues.
- Liaise with external counsel where necessary.
- Draft and review commercial and financial agreements.
- Advise and support managers in structuring, negotiating, finalising and maintaining all commercial and financial arrangements.
- Draft contracts.
- Advises management in structuring, negotiating and executing transactions with 3rd
- Address on-going legal obligations including compliance with Government authorities and anti-money laundering issues.
- Act as Company Secretary in handling corporate governance and board-related matters.
An assertive, emotionally mature lawyer, with all-round business aptitude,will fit the bill.
351 total views, 2 today