Full-Time Legal Counsel
Our banking client invites suitably qualified legal minds to apply for the position of Legal Counsel. The successful candidate will assist the Head of Legal and Compliance in developing, establishing, leading, guiding and monitoring a legal and compliance strategy, to mitigate legal and compliance risks and enable the business to achieve its revenue and growth objectives.
Key attributes sought are as follows:
- An admitted attorney, with legal qualifications and a relevant post-graduate qualification e.g. Compliance would be advantageous.
- At least 8 years management experience in a legal and compliance function within a bank.
Key Performance Indicators are listed:
- Strategy formulation, implementation and alignment
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Legal risk, litigation and contract management
- Regulatory and compliance management
- Operational oversight
- Regulatory liaison
- Legal and compliance reporting to the Board and Head Office
- Budget management
- Team leadership, management and mentoring
- Effective teamwork, self-management and alignment to group values.
An astute lawyer with sound knowledge and application of banking and labour laws will add significant value.
Package is highly negotiable.
700 total views, 1 today