Full-Time Manager, Rehabilitation & Recoveries
Manager, Rehabilitation & Recoveries
To assume full responsibility and accountability of the portfolio (as per attached) of potential and existing non-performing loans under the control of retail Credit of the bank, to ensure deployment of effective recovery strategies through the introduction of best practice and maintaining appropriate and uniform recovery policies and practices across all portfolios.
To work with the appropriate Business Units and Credit team to establish and implement strategies to minimize NPLs and maximize on recoveries on Written off accounts. This is achieved through the establishment of the Country Watch-list Committee and thereafter through the Watch-list Process where Rehabilitation & Recoveries actively assists and oversee theWatch-list strategy with the Business Unit.
Manage and lead staff to ensure the minimization of loss to the bank by constantly improving the collections on NPLs, written off accounts as well as managing the rehabilitation and retention policy, so as to have the accounts redefined as performing. Ensure that appropriate collection tactics are implemented and security items are timeously and efficiently repossessed and realized; that adequate provisions are kept and that impairment charges comply with policy guidelines; expedite recoveries on the Post Write Off portfolio to enhance profits and ultimately develop and maintain and sustain good working relationships with the other business units within the bank, as well as external stakeholders.
Qualifications & Experience Sought:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Economics/Accounting/Law or any other degree considered relevant.
- At least 5 to 7 years’ experience in credit, recoveries and rehabilitation.
• Compliance with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action/sanction in respect of regulatory compliance matters.
• Utilizing effective recovery strategies to recover money on assigned NPLs and Written off accounts either in-house or by out-sourcing.
• Ensure compliance to credit policies and procedures.
• Report on changes and results on NPL accounts.
• Liaise with business partners on monitoring of accounts in early stages of delinquencies.
• Increasing awareness amongst staff of legislation and developments applicable to the business.
• Rendition of periodic reports on allocated NPLs and Written off accounts.
• To liaise with relevant units in ensuring adequacy of loan loss provisions in line with Central Bank regulations and Group standard.
• Comply with all the necessary systems and controls put in place to properly manage the NPL book, and maximize the rehabilitation of watch-list accounts in arrears.
• To manage and control collection strategies and campaigns within the NPL and written off environment with the aim of maximizing collection effectiveness and efficiency.
• Ensure effective and efficient repossession and disposal processes, secure storage facilities to be in place, and realizing any attributable security on assigned accounts.
• Control and manage regularization of accounts.
• Continuously participate in re-evaluating collection process in the country.
• Resolve all customer queries that arise on accounts in the NPL (as allocated) category.
• Liaise with relevant business units on developments within retail credit and their needs.
• Co-operative relationships between the various participants in the credit recovery processes.
• Participate in an effective Business Solution and Recoveries structure and team, ensuring that all the required functions are adequately and timeously addressed.
• Keep abreast of statutory governance and legislation applicable to the Credit Control environment.
• Comply with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action /sanction in respect of regulatory compliance matters.
• Adherence to internal controls and regulatory requirements and enhance procedures, in need.
• Report any breaches and exposures to the unit head and /or the division’s Regulatory Compliance Officer.
• Maintain high ethical standards to prevent market abuse.
• Provide relevant MI information to Head of BS&R.
• Control and manage all records on action taken on accounts assigned.
• Implement collection strategies and campaigns.
• Maintain a high level of customer service.
• Control and monitor assigned NPL and Written off accounts outsourced e.g Court Orders for Repossession.
• Manage and maintain workflow.
Brilliant career opportunity is on offer for candidate with in-depth knowledge of lending procedures, legality surrounding resolution of bad debts, recoveries and rehabilitation.
274 total views, 3 today