Full-Time Private Banker
Our client in the financial services sector would like to fill the vacancy of Private Banker that has arisen in its structures. The position will report to the Head of Private Banking.
- Provide a relationship-based offering to high net-worth affluent individuals through a pro-active, highly responsive personal approach to meet the financial needs and service expectations of high net-worth individuals.
- Proactively promote a relationship-based offering through operating as a dedicated and primary point of contact for the customer and providing financial solutions which meet the customer’s expectations in accordance with the segment value proposition.
- Leverage the group’s reach & expertise resource capabilities to add value to both the customer and the bank.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, professionalism and ethical standards whilst building valuable long term relationships with customers.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- A business / banking or financial degree
- Ability to interpret financial statements, assess sources of income and basic customer affordability calculations
- Selling of financial products on unique benefit to customer and not merely on price.
- High level of computer literacy.
- 5 years banking experience, preferably dealing with high net-worth individuals in a portfolio context.
- Strong sales background.
- Experienced in upholding the highest levels of service.
- Experience in completing credit applications successfully.
Duties & Responsibilities
|· Acquire new customers (high net-worth affluent individuals) as per the criteria outlined in the segment value proposition and reflected by the Country segment strategy and sales targets.
· Pro-actively identify cross-sell opportunities within own portfolio of customers to maximise life cycle opportunities. Be guided by the segment value proposition and sales targets as to what the priority products are both from a bank and customer perspective.
· Conduct a needs analysis with all new and existing customers to ensure that product opportunities identified are appropriate to meet the customer’s needs and priorities.
· Comprehensively explore customers’ short and long term financial goals/aspirations and keep up to date with changes in the financial needs and financial position of customers. Appreciate the implications of the customers’ lifecycle position and priorities.
· Conduct a comprehensive calling/contact management programme for all customers within own portfolio supported by call reports that document the salient issues and future opportunities identified.
· Pro-actively manage the portfolio to maximise revenue for the Bank (referring to fees, margins and sales), minimise costs and risks, whilst maintaining and entrenching the customer’s relationship with the Bank appropriately.
· Ensure that the Customer is central to the entire life cycle approach of maximising sustainable value addition to both the Customer and the Bank.
· Establish, build and strengthen one-on-one relationships with customers, based on mutual respect, to retain customers and gain word-of-mouth referrals.
· Place equal emphasis on investment (non-borrowing) and borrowing customers.
· Commitment to Service excellence and superior service delivery aligned to SLA’s and turnaround time commitments.
· Ensure that customers are appropriately educated regarding the value of using self-service channels (Internet Banking, ATMs & Mobile Banking) to empower customers and minimise adhoc service requests. Assist with migration Facilitate the migration of customers to self-service channels where appropriate.
· Ensure that customers are well informed with regards to lending application processes (e.g. vehicle finance, home loans, overdraft, credit card, personal loans, etc), credit maintenance processes (e.g. annual reviews) and account conduct expectations (e.g. minimum account balances, provision for debit orders and cheque payments, etc).
· Clearly and transparently inform customers of contract/account terms and conditions, fees, rates and commissions where applicable. Be prepared to articulate the value added if challenged on pricing.
· Ensure that qualifying customers (as defined by the Country segment value proposition) are timeously migrated from the Branch to the Private Banking Suite.
· Retain ownership of customer requests, complaints and applications – follow every task through to completion keeping the customer updated on progress.
· Ascertain when customers require specialist advice and arrange appropriate introductions with specialists. Generate and pass on leads. Follow up to ensure that the customer is satisfied with the service received.
· Determine when new or existing customers require Business Banking expertise and arrange introductions accordingly. Interact and build strong working relationships with Business Banking and CIB colleagues to entrench the holistic customer relationship with the bank.
· Interact frequently and build strong working relationships with enabler and fulfilment functions (including credit specialists, product specialists and wealth specialists) to shorten turnaround times and SLA’s are adhered to.
· Manage credit and operational risks in accordance with laid down policies and procedures.
· Take accountability for credit management of portfolio, including the completion of referral reports, taking action regarding exception reports to eliminate accounts in excess, ensure that all accounts are limitised and that reviews occur timeously.
· Establish and build knowledge and understanding of product and credit application processes to eliminate reworking and ensure acceptable turnaround times for customers.
· Maintain proper records (filing, update customer records on bank system, etc).
· Ensure limits are loaded, market segment codes are correct and all fields are captured accurately on the system. Take responsibility for the integrity of all data pertaining to the portfolio.
· Attend to all correspondence relating to the portfolio, including e-mails, phone calls, messages, documentation, faxes, queries and complaints, etc.
· Appropriately monitor initial activation and usage of transaction accounts and proactively take steps to mitigate dormancy.
· Follow proper procedures when closing accounts, including the recovery of outstanding funds/fees and retention of chequebooks/cards.
· Manage subordinate (Private Banker’s Assistant) in accordance with HR performance management best practise- recruitment/development/retention/reward & recognition.
· Cooperate and work effectively with others in pursuit of team goals by sharing information, providing support, showing care and being considerate of other team members.
· Actively seek to improve others’ skills and talents by providing constructive feedback, coaching and training opportunities to develop their abilities.
A mature professional with great networking ability and demonstrable results-oriented track record will do well.
370 total views, 1 today