Full-Time Quantity Surveyor
Our client in the financial services industry would like to fill the position of Quantity Surveyor.
The duties of a quantity surveyor is to manage all costs relating to a building project across newly built premises, renovations or maintenance work in the residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a degree in Quantity Surveying
- At least two years project management on experience on civil and building projects
- Registration with the ZIQS is an added advantage
- Must be a team player
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct studies of feasibility to estimate costs relating to materials, time and labour.
- undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- perform risk, value management and cost control;
- advise on a procurement strategy;
- Arrange for payments on completed project work prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
- prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
- analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
- value completed work and arrange payments;
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
501 total views, 3 today