Full-Time Retail Sales Manager
This role will help to grow the business through profitable management of all sales operations by building and maintaining a high performance & efficient Tied Agents Distribution Channel. Reporting to the Business Development Executive, the essential duties and responsibilities of its role will include:
- Create and implement effective direct sales strategies and lead nationwide direct sales personnel toward achievement of corporate sales objectives.
- Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales organization.
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, motivation, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Develop market and territory strategies by building a pool of high potential employee managers and independent contractor advisor candidates. Ensure selection processes are appropriately administered.
- Assist the Agents force in opening up and expanding new sales distribution markets.
- Ensure marketing and training needs of the unit are met by actively participating in formal and compliant training programs provided for Advisors in sales, marketing, prospecting and product areas.
- Oversee the agent compliance with applicable statues, rules, regulations and corporate standards regarding sales practices, licensing and producer activity.
- Provide supervision through field visits, observations and measurement of results to include performance appraisals and salary reviews.
- Proactively identify changes in delivery systems, and competitive pressures to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with all user to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies.
The ideal position holder should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline with a bias in Sales & Marketing. A professional qualification such as IMM is an added advantage.
- Minimum 7 years’ sales/ distribution experience in a Life Assurance or Financial Institution at a Managerial level. In depth knowledge of the insurance industry practices and trends, current sales methodology, business and personnel management principles and practices, multi-line insurance fundamentals.
- Strong employee and agent recruiting, selection, training and retention skills.
- Proven sales skills and the ability to motivate others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as solid presentation skills required
- Solid innovative/problem-solving skills with the ability to make sound decisions.
- Existing relationships with financial advisors and/or licensed bankers in NLG’s Bank Strategic Accounts strongly considered.
Incumbent, who is a motivator and results-achiever will drive the business forward.
497 total views, 1 today