Full-Time Treasury Dealer
Our client in the banking sector invites suitably qualified and experienced personnel to submit their applications for the position of treasury dealer. The post reports to the Head of Treasury.
Management of daily money desk operations and accounting for investment securities, wholesale liabilities, deal in currencies within the limits allotted by the bank and contribute to achieving set targets.
Qualifications & Skills required:
- University Degree in either Economics, Finance, Business Studies or related subjects.
- Possession of a dealers’ certificate would be an advantage.
- Foreign exchange and money market training.
- Knowledge of financial markets, products & Services including an understanding of derivatives.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience of both trading FX and money markets.
- Strong numerical skills and an ability to structure deals &solve problems.
- Strong communication skills are essential as part of the role.
- A strong sense of teamwork.
Key Results Areas (include but not limited to the following)
- Target achievement
- Generating profit and revenue through the execution of client orders as well as through the hedging of client positions;
- Contact banks and brokers daily to collect interest rates, and investing accordingly to maximize the return of the portfolio.
- Treasury Deals
- Improving efficiencies on the desk.
- Quote foreign currency buying and selling rates to clients.
- Ensure that trading desk is complete, on time and maintained while making sure that market and execution risk is dealt with according to policies.
- Servicing of Corporate Treasury sales pricing / structuring requirements and risk management of resultant positions.
- Money Market Deals
- Management of bank daily liquidity position;
- Maintain the bank’s investment portfolio accounting system;
- Investing excess cash balances to maximize returns.
- Perform fundamental analysis in order to evaluate the creditworthiness of each issuer and assess relative value.
- Deposits and Loans
- Inter-bank borrowing and lending of deposit and loans. Quote deposit and loan rates to corporate customers both local and international as per rules.
- Foreign Currencies
- Inter-bank dealing and trading foreign currencies.
- Maintaining relationships with other parts of Treasury and the wider Group to ensure adequate profile and development of the unit.
- Responsible for the preparation of relevant reports and analysis e.g. monthly liquidity analysis, cash flow business reports.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Ensure quality and effective response to clients’ queries and problems.
- Develop and maintain solid client relationships and retain existing relationships.
- Assist clients in making informed decisions about their financial needs.
- Team Building
- Trains and coaches team members especially those who are at junior levels; and ensure that they exceed clients’ expectations. Assist the Head of Treasury in motivating every team member to promote and maximize sales. Contribute to developing team-spirit among peers, supervisors, and subordinates.
A results-oriented, driven professional will add value to client portfolio.
376 total views, 6 today